Quantum Information in Quantum Gravity V
The workshop is aimed at facilitating discussion on applying information theoretic concepts to tackle quantum gravity conundrums. In recent years we have seen an increasing interplay between the quantum information and the string/quantum gravity communities and we aim to facilitate further interaction in this front. We plan to have a a few talks per day with lots of time for discussions. This is the 5th conference in the series, the first of which was organized in 2014 in UBC, Vancouver.
The conference schedule is below: see also Scientific Program for talk titles and further details.
|Aug 19||Aug 20||Aug 21||Aug 22||Aug 23|
|09:00 -10:00||Shiraz Minwalla||Matthew Headrick||Douglas Stanford||Ahmed Almheiri|
|10:15 -11:15||Steve Shenker||Tadashi Takayanagi||Eva Silverstein||Felix Haehl||Patrick Hayden|
|11:30 -12:30||Mark Van Raamsdonk||Micha Berkooz||Geoffrey Penington||Rob Myers||Toby Cubitt|
|12:30 - 14:15||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|14:15 -15:15||Nima Lashkari||Xi Dong||Aron Wall||Netta Englehardt||Henry Maxfield|
|15:30 -16:30||Cindy Keeler||Herman Verlinde||Mark Mezei||Raphael Bousso||Lenny Susskind|
|16:45 -17:45||Tom Hartman||Djordje Radicevic||Monika Schleier-Smith|
- NB: Talks are 45 min with 15 min for discussion before the break between talks.
- On the first day we will begin around 09:30 with coffee, but the talks start a bit later at 10:15.
Please Note: This workshop is intended for active researchers in the subject.
The conference will be the 5th in the series. Earlier editions include:
- QIQG I, August 18–22, 2014 @UBC, Vancouver, Canada
- QIQG II, August 17-21, 2015 @Perimeter Institute, Canada
- QIQG III, August 14 to 18, 2017 @UBC, Vancouver, Canada
- QIQG IV, Jun, 11 2018 - Jun, 15 2018 @GGI, Florence, Italy
- Veronika Hubeny
- Mukund Rangamani