The closest airport to Davis is Sacramento International Airport (SMF), which is about 25 minutes from Davis by car. From the airport, there are several ways to travel to campus:
- Uber/Lyft, which is typically around $30 for a one-way trip.
- The Davis Airporter, a door-to-door shuttle. The price is $25.00 + tax from Sacramento Airport to Davis. More information can be found at their website here, or by calling 530-756-6715. The earliest pickup is 4:30 am and the latest pickup is 11 pm.
- Yolobus is a public transportation option which has pickup locations at both Terminals A and B of Sacramento International Airport and several stops in Davis. See Yolobus routes here.
There is also the larger San Fransicsco International Airport (SFO) which is about 90 minutes from campus by car. It is somewhat less convenient to get from SFO to Davis. One can use Uber/Lyft, and there is also a Davis Airporter service from SFO, but the price is considerably higher.
Driving to Campus
Parking in UC Davis lots is free on Friday March 25 and Saturday March 26. The most convenient parking lot for accessing Roessler Hall is Lot 46, next to the Watershed Sciences Building, which is indicated by a blue pin on the map below. From this lot, one can walk north along Crocker Lane for about 5 minutes to arrive at Roessler.
For a flat PDF version of this parking map, see this link where Lot 46 and Roessler are indicated in red.
You can access Lot 46 by taking Old Davis Road to La Rue Road, then park in any of the spots with a ParkMobile Zone 35259 sign which has the letter "A". (Please do not park in the reserved "A+" spots or any spots which are reserved for California Exempt vechicles). You do not need to download the ParkMobile App and pay for parking in these spots.
GPS directions to the Watershed Sciences Building near Lot 46 can be found at this Google Maps link. If you prefer to enter a street address, it may be convenient to first enter the address for the UC Davis Welcome Center (550 Alumni Ln, Davis, CA 95616) and then to navigate to Lot 46 using the map above.
In the unlikely event that Lot 46 is full, you are also welcome to use any of the ParkMobile-labeled street parking on La Rue Road, or in the nearby Lot 47. For more information, you can access the full UC Davis parking map here.
Public Transit Options
If you are not staying within walking distance of campus or driving to the conference, there are several public transportation options that can bring you directly to UC Davis. These include:
- Unitrans, a locally operated bus service. All Unitrans routes lead directly to campus; see routes here.
- Yolobus, which serves Woodland, Sacramento, and Davis. As mentioned in the airport section above, this can be a convenient option for travel from Sacramento International Airport. See Yolobus routes here.
- Amtrak Davis Station, 2nd Street, Davis. You can take Amtrak to the Davis Station, which will drop you off in Downtown Davis. From there, it is a 0.5 mile walk to campus straight down 2nd Street, or may catch a Unitrans Bus (A or Z), which stops directly in front of the Amtrak Davis Station. Train schedules can be found here.